Thursday, May 29, 2014

Life...



People say that when you’re life has no challenges or difficulties, it becomes boring. For the past year I’ve been in a so called Zen position. Happy with friends, family and love ones. Less stress, issues and challenges, but honestly, I’m liking it. I am thankful for not having any of these now. Could it be that I’ve had so much problems before when I was younger. How I experienced having a difficult life of being independent as early as 16 years old. Losing my mom because of cancer and then having some major sickness which I almost thought I’d lose my life. So, have I had my fair share of hardship in life?

It made me realize lately how I am lucky (you can say that) looking at  other’s situation around me. My friends who’s having family problems, health issues, financial matters and emotional conflicts. Every time they will share to me these kind of scenarios I keep on trying to put my shoes into their feet. I kinda feel sorry for them. Note that these are good people who doesn’t harm anyone. And they continuously remain to stay strong just to hold on to these problems. And as a person or a friend who’s on a lighter side, all I can do is to hear them and give as much opinion or advise to help them. They say that a friend in need is a friend in deed, and I feel so blessed when friends reach out to me to ask for assistance and advise even those people who’re not close to me and just heard from some of my friends that I can give good advice.

Every after advice I gave, I know some won’t listen to me and some will try what I said to them, I ask myself this “Lord, until when are you going to let them suffer?”. And lately I began to question my faith. Like is there really God who can control our fate? They say God won’t give you any problems that you can’t handle. But I don’t think that’s true. What if you died of cancer, or encounter an accident or just the recent typhoon that swept thousands of lives? Is that God’s doing? Also I used to believe in karma, but the more you believe on it, the more you get frustrated of having false hopes. If Life is fair then why does the rich get richer and the poor  get poorer?

For now, I really am thankful and would do anything to maintain this life I have. I may not have the money, the fame or any of the material things, but I am really happy. The thought of being in a quiet and contented position is priceless. But this won’t let guards down for anything that would might happen to me soon. And sometimes it is better to be a strong person and prepared for anything, rather than relying your safety and happiness to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment