Friday, February 10, 2012

Talk About Love

When I was younger, I used to be the hopeless romantic type of guy who loves to write love letters and make some full of effort artsy gifts to my love ones. I always made sure that my present will be surprisingly different and unexpectedly delightful. It’s not necessarily costly, well also because I don’t have much money back then. Honestly, I don’t know if it’s because I don’t spend too much on my gifts that’s why I will just unleash the Picasso in me or is it because I’m just too in love to be so inspired to do something special. Well it can be both I guess.

Young love, so vividly pure and intense. The initiation of the heart. This is the start of all the “first time”. First love, first kiss, first heartache, first sex and the first time you will break someone’s heart. This is the moment of our lives that can make a big mark to us that we will carry until we grow old. This is also the time where the heart is so careless and wild that our mind has no control of it. It’s because of the things we have never felt before when we are just kids trying to just love our parents and all we do is to just study our lessons at school. A suppressed or untapped emotion that’s starting to get out inside us as we approach our teen years. I can still remember all my first time in terms of love. Looking back at those moments, I can say how stupidly in love I was back then. But thanks to all those things that hurt and made a callous to my heart which made me a stronger person now. But there’s also a part of me who will forever appreciate my stupidity before which I think I might not ever do again.

Does it comes with the age of a person on how he/she treat him/herself being in love? No, because I know a lot of people who were already at their middle years, but still manage to do the teeny bopper kind of love affair. I guess, it’s how you will nourish the love in you. For me, love will always be immature and has no mind of its own. And we, as the owner of it is responsible for all the things it will feel for us. Love is ageless and it’s the mind that grows old and learns how to manipulate our heart. The heart is so pure that only our mind can remind it the marks of its wounds. The best way to balance the heart between our mind is to stop thinking about the “Heart over Mind” or “Mind over Heart” kind of label or judgment that we usually bestow on us or to other people as both things should work cooperatively.

Love is like religion. Too many things to believe in that we should be respecting. Reminiscing the love back then and now can make us realize a lot of things about life and love. And for me, love can wait. We should not let ourselves revolve around it but it should be the other way around. As there are other things in life which will help love to grow in us in the long run that we should also be attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment