Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Blame it on the Weatherman

The Rain goes on and on and on again... I alway remember this song by B*Witched everytime we're experiencing heavy rainfall, a storm, a typhoon. But no matter how strong and how disastrous it can be, I'd still choose it over a hot and humid weather. Rain can bring you mixed emotions... old memories.... good or bad, it brings back everything.

The first thing I can remember whenever it's raining is back when I was a kid. My parents would want me to take a shower under the rain believing that it can help my hair grow faster. Kinalbo kasi ako nung bata ako. And during those times. Kapag kalbo ka hindi hot sa paningin. The Initial impression is because pangit yung hair mo. But mine wasn't. Namali lang yung baklang nag gupit sakin ng pagkaka intindi ng "clean cut". LOL.
Another thing that I can remember is back in college. Kapag umulan na kinakabahan na ko on what I should do to protect all my worksheet so I'd risk everything para di mabasa lahat ng accounting papers ko. 

Rain can also symbolyze a lot of romantic things. Like when you're having a date, tapos biglang umulan then nakasilong kayo sa iisang payong while going to your destination. It's simple but somehow, I find it sweet. Or just like in a romantic film.... running holding hands under the rain... di ko pa nagagawa yun pero you can see how the rain can add an amorous surrounding on the scene. And the best for me is, making love under the pouring rain.... now don't take it literally ofcourse nasa loob ng bahay doing it while it's raining....

There is also the memories of heartaches during this kind of weather. The time you're talking with your ex on the phone and he suddenly said that he doesn't love you anymore at isinabay mo naman yung luha mo sa pagbuhos ng ulan. Or the time you caught your partner cheating on you on a rainy night. A rain on a funeral can also be heartcrashing...

But ofcourse, the so called love cycle will not be completed if there's no "Moving On" part. The glorious day! The day that you can say to yourself na pagkatapos ng ulan, I'm already over you. Or the moment where you let the rain clensed all your sorrow and pain. And you wish na sana malunod na sya sa flood.... kidding!

These memories will keep on pinching your mind and nevertheless most of these events, masakit man or hindi the usual reaction you will have is to just smile.... and sigh. And by the way, if  PAGASA will declare that the class or work is suspended... expect mo na bigla na lang aaraw after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment