Tuesday, March 13, 2012

BCK 2 BKK, BCK 2 1


Finally a looong 6 days vacation! 3rd time already here in Bangkok and I'm still getting the same hype and affection towards the place. Prolly because of the cheap things, hospitable people and ofcourse, thai food! Another good thing about this place is that you don't have to adjust that much as it looks almost the same as my country. Well except for the language which is kinda challenging by the way as not all can understand english. Nevertheless, it's way better than Manila. I guess their government is less corrupt than us that's why you can see a good progression. Now why did I say less corrupt? Well I don't believe that there is a clean, non-corrupted government. Imagine, why would a politician spend millions of money during an election campaign if they won't get any greater favor back in return right? This is one of the many good reason why I'm not updated or rather not interested in knowing what's happening to my country politically speaking as I just find it as a major BS. It's enough for me to know that they're stealing some of my money making tax as an alibi during my monthly salary. That's why as much as I want to check my pay slip to know the details of what I got, I'd rather not for it will just make me feel bad. I just wish that Filipinos should realize that we used to be ahead of other Asian countries but now I just can't figure where we are now.

The first time I landed in Bangkok, I already fell in love with it. Not just because of the good things I've mentioned. But also, that's the time when I was longing to see someone in that place. We normally remember someone through a song or a significant perfume we smell. But everything about the lovely things in Bangkok always lands me directly to his heart. I fucked up and died. But that's the time I realized what I really want. Feeding ourselves with the things that we think we want would open our eyes on the one thing we really want to our life. Chances are the risk worth taking. I just wish that this third time could land me back to him....



2 comments:

  1. Great manuscript, Pen. Similarly, I find Bangkok a very nice place of refuge. Food is cheap, people are warm, and the fruits are usually bigger than what we have in The Philippines.
    Nevertheless, I have very high hopes for our home country. It is now recuperating, hopefully, continuously
    On your last line, I also hope that you will realize everything that you pray for.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Bjoern for your timeless support :-)

    ReplyDelete