Sunday, March 18, 2012

Test of Faith

There's this common saying that the world is like a wheel. Sometimes your up, and sometimes your down. But is this really true or just another state of mind that we embeded to ourselves in order to think that there's always a balance to everything, or a fair treatment to everyone... And yeah, that God made us equal. We as humans, loves to create a lot of alibis or in a good manner, having lots of rules for our lives. But there are times that I can't help myself but to ask if we're really born equal to each and everyone. Or did God created us with different status and classifications to maintain the balance in general of this world?

Just this morning I heard this bad news from my cousin who also just got out of the hospital and had multiple operations that one of our cousin was rushed to the hospital and was diagnosed with aneurism. I guess this is because she pushed herself too hard in helping her dad to recover from his mild stroke. Knowing these two cousins of mine for the longest time, I can testify that they've been good to their parents / relatives / friends and have done nothing bad at all. Well if ever they did, I'm sure it's really just some minor flaws and mistakes. And looking at myself, I was nothing compared to their goodness but here I am, healthy and stable in some way. But then again, is this something that I should be thankful of? Nevertheless, I still thank God for keeping me safe but at the same time, this turned into a major realization for me. Like really, do they deserve this hard circumstances that's happening to them and at the same time, do I also deserve this kind of life I'm living right now? Well if I'm going to base my self assessment with the things I've done, or the hardwork I did on how I've obtain this kind of status, I can say yes, I deserve this kind of life. But with the rules of life that if we did something good, goodness will come back to us in ten folds, howcome my cousins have still suffered?

If given a chance that I can ask God one question, I would like to ask how he weigh things out in this world. It's just like this phrase in one of the newspaper ad I've seen, howcome the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer? But instead of asking about this, I began to realize that we shouldn't be asking Him and instead we should ask ourselves how strong is our faith in Him. Life on earth weren't made to be easy as nothing is permanent on this world for us to fully embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment