Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dear Ole Chum

Dear Diary,

Hey how have you been? I just want to know when was the last time a person last wrote a letter to you. Lately, people are being very vocal on what they feel to the extent that they can divulge their own secrets, thoughts and whereabouts which sometimes should be kept hidden. You can’t blame us. With the help of Facebook and Twitter or this blog site, we are more tempted to say whatever we want to say regardless of the risk it would take.

Do you miss getting some messages? What would you reply if ever you get the chance to?

I kinda missed writing to you tho. You’re the best excuse that a person can have. Writing to you won’t mean that an individual is crazy or autistic.  But instead, we just need you to keep our hugger-muggers. Well yeah as you know, people can’t really keep secrets. Friends might but for sure there’s a certain limit or an expiration for it. Unlike friends, we might not be able to get some good advices from you, but sometimes, we don’t require it and we just need someone or something that we can vent it out with.

Do you remember the first letter I wrote to you back when I was a kid? I introduced to you my first crush at school and it took me 3 pages just to say how much I like this person. I know I’m being careless for not hiding you in a safe place that’s why  my cousins found out about our private conversations. It was very embarrassing which caused me to stop writing to you… and I’m so sorry about that.

Anyhow, I would like to take this chance to thank you. For the un-easy feelings that were eased after writing to you. For archiving my precious memories.  And for being a sponge in my dirty kitchen “life”. I don’t know who invented you or where you came from, but give my gratitude to him/her if ever you’ll get the chance to. And I might not be able to write you more often, but I know it’s you I’m having a chat with in my mind whenever I’m assessing myself.

Your Ole Chum,
ME

No comments:

Post a Comment