Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Wasted Emotions

It’s much easier to save money than to save your emotions. Sometimes, we just have to learn how to ignore and to deflect bad vibes that will affect ourselves. Study shows that emotions can affect our health thru our endocrine glands: Pituitary, Thyroid, Thymus, Pancreas, Gonads, Adrenals and the Pineal. Now don’t think I got this information by hanging out in Dexter’s Laboratory. I just read them on the net and honestly, I really don’t know where the hell they are located inside my body! But checking what could cause if these things are tapped with bad emotion is quite a good read.

Pituitary: Emotions that affect the pituitary include inadequacy and feeling out of control. Where the pituitary is involved, feelings often dominate over logic. - So who doesn’t want to be in control? Well sometimes I do but I always make sure that I keep my other hand still holding into my senses. In order to save this Pituitary shit, always remember… Mind over matter. And don’t take too much drugs! Be responsible!

Thyroid: Certain negative emotions, if felt long enough may adversely affect the thyroids. Feelings of humiliation, stifled feelings, overwhelmed, overstressed, victimized and powerlessness are some negative emotions. An underactive thyroid gland may produce: irritability, depression, mood swings, low self-esteem, crying easily and the dislike to work under pressure. – Okkk, being well said, don’t torture yourself too much. It’s ok to feel the agony and sadness in order to realize that you’re still human and you can still feel pain but drowning yourself too much on it could mess your thyroid!

Thymus: Some emotions if felt deeply and long enough can affect the thymus. These emotions include: not feeling safe, feeling attacked by life or the fear of others “out to get you”. – This is quite simple… Don’t watch horror movies or slasher films if you can’t handle it! You don’t want your thymus to suffer with your cowardness right?!

Pancreas: Feelings of rejection, anger and frustration may affect the pancreas. – Find a way on how you can easily move on! You might want to read my post “Heartbreak’s a Teacher” to give you some tips about it (*wink*).

Gonads: Not feeling safe to be a woman or a man or not accepting one's femininity or masculinity can affect the sex glands (testis and ovaries). Extreme negative emotions about one's sexuality can cause impotence or frigidity. – Oh well, maybe it’s time for you to stop being curious or confuse with your sexuality. Good thing I saved my disco stick’s steadfastness by admitting my sexuality at an early age and identifying what I really want! LOL! And whatever/wherever this gonads are, this will be the last thing in my body that I would really mess with!

Adrenals: Mind and body are interrelated and interdependent. Certain emotional states affect the production of adrenal glands. Anxiety, fear and anger stimulate the adrenal glands to secrete hormones (especially epinephrine, norepinephrine and the glucocorticoids). The “adrenaline flow” is the body's natural response to an emergency situation. Overactive adrenal glands may produce: aggressive behavior, intense feelings and the strong dislike of being crossed. An underactive adrenal gland may produce: depression, nervousness, negativity, strong preference for being alone, inferior complex or avoidance of complaints or discomforts. – Overactive and underactive adrenal glands are quite hard to balance and this is the most common among all the endocrine glands that people always trigger. Don’t be paranoid. Stop being a pessimist. Get a good massage. What I normally do to maintain this balance is to regularly go to gym to excrete the bad toxins and drink tea to increase “inner zen” (what a term!).

Pineal: This small gland produces melatonin, a hormone that affects wake and sleep patterns. – This is one of my body problems. I’m having a hard time to sleep most of the time. Specially during weekdays. I think I have a separation anxiety with my work issues. I can’t leave the stress dealt by my work behind the gates of my office! I’m not sure if I can give some good tips on this but normally if worse comes to worst, it will leave me no choice but to take a sleeping pill or my antihistamine to make me sleepy. Maybe on this you might have some piece of advice for me?

I don’t know who discovered these glands all over our body but good thing he/she does! Abusing or not being aware of these could take our health at risk. This is also the prime suspect why people are building up some cancer cells in their body. And just a piece of advice, try to think first before you feel. If you think it will just be a waste of emotion which could damage these endocrine glands, then better to just brush it off. People might judge you of being insensitive because of this, but who cares! Seriously, which is more important? Your health, or your reputation?

No comments:

Post a Comment