Saturday, November 19, 2011

Tranquility State

Currently I’m at my 0% stress level and 0 degree of my boiling point. Staying 6 days on an island with enough money and time to relax, let’s see if I can fill this stress pad…
As a regular working ant in a corporate world, we are entitled to have 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leaves in a whole year. So that’s roughly 4 weeks out of almost 365 days that we’re working. Do you think that’s fair enough in terms of work-life balance? Well if you’ve gradually accepted that you are a slave for money, then basically you don’t mind. If we’re talking about a career path, then having this kind of mindset will or might take you into a higher position. But how far can you go? Are you ready to face rejections and frustrations along the way?

Normally, a young employee wouldn’t mind as they’re well equipped with fresh ideas and an integrated operating system. But try to look at the big picture of your life and ask yourself, until when will I become like this? I do have high respect for people who’re focused in earning a lot of dough and with what they want with their career but I bend myself more in appreciating people who care more about their health and what life can offer aside from getting a good salary and an elite status with their work.  

At my age right now, I’m already starting to have this realization asking myself until when can I inhale stress caused by my work? I may be the worst person in terms of saving money. But for what life can give me, I’ll be more adamant with my decision to do so. I just want to have enough savings to start a business that will sustain my living. Well who doesn’t want an easy life anyway!  I just want enough and not to be a millionaire. Oh yes money and a good career can give you everything… a big house, a luxurious car etc. But it can also offer even the worst disease and body complications if you grasp too much for it. Money can prolong your life, but it won’t save you from sickness such as cancer and the likes which probably caused by wanting too much money as well.

Getting a good career doesn’t mean you will earn a better place in heaven or wherever you will be in your after-life. Money is not the root of all evil but investing love for it is one of the major transgressions of our holy law. We have our life here not to work, but to live. To my co-employees out there, spend your VLs wisely!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment