Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Saving Someone’s Arse

Not all people who can give good advises are good practitioners of what they’re preaching. Mostly, when they’re the one being on the situation, they tend to forget what they’ve been advising to help others. I guess it’s really normal because when we’re giving some advises, it’s our mind that we’re using to produce a good fact and some pointers that can be an aid to someone who needs it. And it’s different when we’re the one who’re caught in trouble as it’s our heart who initially receives the damage which might caught off-guard our mind to assist our poor heart.

I surprise myself most of the time whenever I’m giving some words of wisdom to my friends who’re in serious trouble. Like as if I wasn’t expecting that it really came out of my mouth. Nevertheless I’m quite happy that they do trust me and it really touches me when they’re treating me as their 911 whenever they’re in pain (but not financial problem OK?!) or the yellow gay-like cartoon character, Spongebob when they need someone who will absorb and listen to their angst.

But on a serious note, saving someone’s ass doesn’t mean you have to do what this person wanted to hear or to happen. And sugar coating isn’t always the best way for them to realize a long term solution to their problem. We have to let them feel how bad the reality is for them to realize what they need or what they’ve been missing in their life. And if ever, we have to be selfless and exclude what we personally feel in order to make their lives better. Be ready to submit yourself and play the part of being an antagonist if it will mean that this person will be a hero that will succeed on his dream in the future. And I call this… sacrifice.

Helping someone rise from their grave is one of the surreal feeling you will get that no money can ever buy. No need to ask something in return for as long as you see that this person you once helped is now in a better position. By helping someone, I began to realize that I’m also helping myself to know who I really am and what I’m capable of. And I guess this is the priceless gift I can give to my love ones this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment